Ways to Wear a Blanket Scarf

Last time I have showed you how I wear a wrap scarf and today it is a post on scarf again, only this time I have a blanket scarf to keep me warm. It is an H&M one and the store has usually a fine selection of big and thick blanket scarves. Mine was a gift and if I could choose it, I would almost one hundred per cent got one in grey or black tones. That is why it is important to have someone who pushes you out of your comfort zone and makes you (gifts you with unusual pieces) to open up your creativity in styling. 
Look 1 
Print itself is quite eye-catching and I have to say it took me a few moments to come up with the idea of how to wear it. I didn't want too much colour in the rest of the outfit as the scarf shows them (almost) all. It is very autumnal and I like the vibe of it. This scarf has fringe details at the edge just as the wrap scarf in my previous fashion post. I was unsure to incorporate different colours than those that are already in the scarf but I went ahead and included burgundy jumper and a handbag in the same colour. The vibe was kept appropriate for the season and I was glad of the end result. Grey jeans and black boots kept the rest of the outfit neutral as a lot was already going on in upper part of the look. 

Layering here wasn't difficult when it comes to material. I kept the material of the scarf and jumper similar and therefore the look didn't seem too much or too bulky on me (even though I wouldn't mind looking like a bear if it was cold outside which frankly was at a time). For the first look I also needed a belt to ouline my waist and a simple, thin one was perfect for the role. 
Look 2 
Another casual look with the scarf I pulled off in the next look where I used it for what it really is- a scarf. I folded it in half lengthwise and in half widthwise to get the length of a regular scarf. Then I put it around my neck where I pushed one end through the loop created on the other end. Just as in the previous look, I wanted the scarf to be the centre of attention. I wore black sweater with simple blue jeans and the same burgundy handbag. I kept the shoes somewhat in the same lines as the scarf. 
Striped Scarf (zara) // Tricolour Check Scarf (mango) // Multi Stripe Scarf (asos) // Check Scarf (mango)

How would you style a blanket scarf? Where do you usually purchase them? 
I have added a few links to several fun blanket scarves (see links above). 

Talk to you Monday, 
xx Maja

4 comments

  1. WoW! Nice ideas, love it!
    You look beautiful :)

    https://catherinehere.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho! I love your scarf and your skinny jeans ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super je izpadlo. Me likey :D

    ReplyDelete

You don't say? Tell me more :)

xx Maja