1. Drinking hot beverages, mostly hot cocoa and hot chocolate. Let's not forget to put marshmallows inside.
2. Baking! What is the best time of the year to go baking-crazy? :) Gingerbread cookies are a classic recipe and I will make those as soon as I get home (the oven here is very old and does not work as it should and I am not going to risk a cookie failure. Again hehe).
3. Reading. I miss those moments when you light up candles or fairy lights, curl up in bed and open a good book.
4. Ice skating is a tradition my sister and I have when the season for ice skating starts. I think I will leave this one when I get home too. I'd like to continue this tradition with her :)
5. Seeing Christmas lights and decorated city! I have seen Steyr and love how much effort they put in Christmas decor. However I have to see Ljubljana as well. There is just somehing about wondering through town while sipping on a hot drink and enjoying the view.
6. Candles. I am already a candle obsessed and this time I have an excuse to burn up all the candles I didn't get the chance to during the year.
7. Visiting Christmas market is also something I can't imagine December without. I have seen the Christmas market in Steyr and I intend on visiting two more in Austria and another one in Ljubljana (obviously).
8. And the best for last... having a Christmas movie marathon! Please share what is your favourite Christmas movie in the comments :)
December has so many joyful things to offer. I realized there are things I am missing as we are already fully into the month and me being away from home makes difference. I have missed our Christmas tree decoration and I still haven't seen the lights of Ljubljana in this time of the year. These things are a sign of Christmas holidays approaching and since I am not in my 'natural habitat' the spirit isn't quite there. I do enjoy many things during December and here is a list of what I will keep in mind to do what I do every year.
Photos: tumblr, pinterest, google
What does your December To-Do list contains?
Have a lovely day,