Drugstore Empty Hair & Body Products


I am one of those who likes to read posts such as this one to gain information what works right and what not. For the same reason I will post my own version of products and give my mark to each one. I will divide products into two categories like you can tell from the title and that are Hair and Body/Face. 

Hair
Starting off with Syoss hail oil which review can be found in one of my ooold blogpost Absolut Oil Beauty Elixir. As a final result I can say it makes my hair very soft and shiny but I can't say it moisturizes my hair. That is the feature I look in hair oils and this one didn't had it. Still, if you like to have something to nourish your hair, this one is great on that field. 

Next product was also bought ages ago for one specific reason: to tame my flyaways/baby hair. Schwarzkopf got2be anti-frizz hair lotion wasn't up for the job or it gave up right away when it saw my hair. The product was always applied on dry hair (after shower) and it vanished almost immediately. At the time my hair was still suffering from extreme dryness and damage and maybe that product wasn't enough. 

Switching to a better side, let talk about alverde hair butter. I remember not being much for it at the beginning. Its thick consistency reminded me that this is another styling product and I was looking for a hair treatment. More and more I used it I began to like it and I put it in my regular hair routine. It is used as a styling product but unlike the previous styling lotion, this one did the job and tamed my flyaways. 

Last one in this category is bumble and bumble tonic lotion. When I bought tangle teezer I stopped using this but I realized I need something on my hair before brushing it because brushes can sometimes damage your hair and create split ends. Therefore, I apply this one before brushing my hair out to give the brush an easier task and my hair a better day. 

Body/Face
In this category I have also four products and the first one is Balea After Shaving Cream. The product was always absorbed quickly and soothed my skin after shaving. Also let's not forget about the gentle scent, I always like those in body lotions, gels and whatnot. 

Balea body lotion is very thick lotion and meant for use in winter time when the skin is extra dry and needs better caring after. I like it because my skin is dry all year round and needs all the moisturizing it can get. 

This essence sponge nail polish remover has been repurchased- it is my second 'bottle' and I've been loving it. However, Leja and I made a Beauty Hacks (Nails + DIY) video regarding this product and because our edition is much smaller (and contains more nail polish remover), it is also easier to use and much practical. 

The last product in today's post is going to be bebe cleansing gel. I talk more about it in my bebe Young Care: back in stock post. Like written before, it doesn't dry my skin. It still feels a bit tight and I have to use my face creme afterwards but beside that, it works fine. This one I might repurchase but I may look for something similar in the same beauty range/brand. 
What is the product you recently bought and thought it was such a waste of money and which one pleasantly surprised you? 

Happy day, 
xx Maja

12 comments

  1. Those are looking like some nice products! Lovely to see those empty products posts!

    XX Nora / 1310bynora.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Spain: I really like your beauty products. keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, dear! Love to try the Syoss hail oil :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Odličan post Maja! :)

    http://sarahmakeupp.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nisam probala nijedan od ovih proizvoda ali mi se svi čine zanimljivima. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, and nice pictures! :) X Minale
    http://minaleme.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it ^_^ xoxo

    http://glampond.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post so much! :D

    http://catherinehere.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing products, thanks for sharing!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice products

    http://www.giveawaydose.in/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! xx

    New post is on my blog ---> staliaisbae.blogspot.com ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

You don't say? Tell me more :)

xx Maja