Simple brownies | Recipe

I was craving for brownies this weekend and since there has been a while since I had them, I also had an excuse to bake them. After all, it was my birthday on Saturday and I didn't feel like baking a cake. Some of you might have noticed a little number change in a sidebar. Or maybe you didn't. I am never up for 'bragging' about my b-day and certainly not for being in a center of attention. That's why we will jump right into this recipe. 

You will need: 
- 250 g butter
- 250 g dark chocolate
- 250 g (brown) sugar
- 10 g vanilla sugar
- 180 g flour
- 50 g powder cocoa
- 5 eggs
(- 20 g butter for baking tray)
The recipe inspiration comes from here (but the site is Slovenian).

Steps: 
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. 
2. Pour butter and dark chocolate in a saucepan and melt until smooth texture. Set aside to cool.
3. Mix dry ingredients together; flour, brown sugar, vanilla sugar and powder cocoa.
4. Add (cooled) melted chocolate and eggs to the dry ingredients and mix until the mixture is combined (and thick).
5. Spread 20 g butter to a baking tray (or use baking spray or backing sheet) and pour in the chocolate mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes. 
6. When the cake is baked and cooled, slice it into tiny squares.

In my version I added grated walnuts in the mixture as well as I sprinkled them on top (since it was very thick I wasn't worrying about walnuts sinking in). You can go for crushed walnuts or any other nuts, I'm sure the taste will be brought to another level.
As I like to keep my recipes simple and quick, I hope this wasn't a dissapointment to some of you. If I stick to recipes like this one today, I know there is a very little chance for me to get anything wrong. 

Please, share your favourite dish, whether it is a main course or a dessert, I'd like to know :) 
xx Maja

31 comments

  1. Its look very good :D Nice post.


    lepotaodaleks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks so delicious :) love brownies

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I need to try this!

    www.superwomanchick.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Humm parece delicioso :P
    Muito legal esta receita!
    Beijos

    http://lovelyplacee.blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Nice Cakes! ♥

    http://spelniaj-twoje-marzenia.blogspot.com/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear...brownies, my weakness...these look so good!! Gah!! I need to make them now, hahaha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Izgleda savrseno! Bas bih volela da probam. Cini se da nije ni tesko da se napravi :)

    girlyworld07.blogspot.com
    - Danijela

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look yummy!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delicious looking! I'm saving this recipe to try it out!

    Jenan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tienen una buenisima pinta. Un beso guapa!!!

    http://todreamtheimpossiblemnoeliaco.blogspot.com.es/2015/02/mbfw-look-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look soooo good and juicy :)
    Your pics are so amazing! Really nice effect!

    I would be sooo happy if we will follow each other and stay in touch, honey! Follow4follow? :D
    xoxo Colli // tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks yummy, and the nuts is a great idea!!

    Rosa
    Styleyourselfinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks yuuuuuuummy))))
    We can follow each other if you will.
    Just let me know)))
    I always follow back!
    http://elenabright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. So yummy! i love brownies!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks really good!! I love brownies! BEAUTYPUSINKA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg these look soooo good. I have to make some!!

    www.itsmiraclewhip.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummi,I am hungy right now. ♥

    ninasmagicalkingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh - I ALWAYS crave brownies! I am not the biggest chocolate fan but there's something about a brownie I simply can't resist! I think I'm going to try make this on Saturday for all the staff at work! I think they'd love it and it seems simple enough - don't think I'd set the kitchen on fire (this time....) :)

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks For Sharing the recipe!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Which camera do you use? Pictures are so perfect :*

    sonjastojiljkovic123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Zapratila sam te, pa uzvrati ako ti nije problem :)

    sonjastojiljkovic123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks soooo good Maja, it made me hungry! xx

    www.frederikkes.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. mmmm so delicious xx

    http://the-newone.blogspot.nl
    INSTAGRAM - hellodashi

    ReplyDelete
  24. Look so delicious

    New post in
    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. These look incredible. Thanks for the recipe!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can make very similar brownie but with ground almond instead of the flour, perfect for gluten free people :) Yours looks so delicious omgggg.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You have a great blog !
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin ? ♥
    www.blog017.blogspot.com
    Love from Poland :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. ja sam danas pravila šampitu...i čokoladnu tortu.
    tvoji kolačići super izgledaju:)

    ReplyDelete

You don't say? Tell me more :)

xx Maja