Winter Skincare Routine | Hair & Hands

This is part two of Winter Skincare Routine. The first one can be seen here.
Hair
Even though I cut my hair a few month ago and got rid of split ends I don't want to repeat the story. Before washing my hair I first let Red Cat hair mask on for about ten minutes before rinsing. For my hideously dry scalp I find nothing more helpful than Head&Shoulders shampoos. But they sometimes irritate my scalp and appear too harsh. If anyone knows a good dandruff shampoo, please let me know. As for the conditioner I'm using Garnier Ultra Doux Repairing conditioner for dry and damaged hair. I apply it only on my ends and never on the root of my hair otherwise I get oily hair (surprise here) and increased hair loss. Before brushing my hair I spray Bumble and bumble tonic lotion first.
I always leave my hair to air dry. Then, I use Syoss (or Afrodita Great Burdock oil) Beauty Elixir hair oil on my ends again and Alverde hair butter (or got2be hair lotion, depends on what's at the reach of my hand) to tame flyaways.

Hands
I get tempted to wash my hands under hot water especially on a cold day. If possible, avoid that! Your hands will severely crack, become tight and not to mention pre-age. Nothing is wrong with lukewarm water and you can always heat your hands under a blanket or with a cup of tea (as long as it's not boiling hot). Wind is also an enemy for your hands. Cold razor sharp wind dries your hands and create tiny wounds that sting if you don't wear gloves. I get panicky if I only see redness around my knuckles. Best prevent than heal, I say. Use hand creme every few hours and you can also get a set of hand creme and a pair of gloves for a night treatment. I suggest moisturizing creme or a vaseline and if you don't find that enough you can also try body lotion or body butter.

Stay tuned for the last Winter Skincare routine post before some outfit posts come back in the game :) 
xx Maja

24 comments

  1. I use some of this products too! Love your blog! :)
    Just followed you! Kisses*

    allthatweseeisjustadreamwithinadream.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pieces! Have a nice Sunday!

    Have you seen my last look on Fashion blog Shoponista ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely products!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, thanks for follow my blog! :)
    I already follow your blog, (i'm on the 2nd page of your followers #1439).
    hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tudi jaz uporabljam Garnier Ultra Doux balzam, ampak za barvane lase, in mi je zelo všeč! In sovražim, ko imam čisto razpokane roke (še posebno zaradi treningov plezanja), zato jeseni/ pozimi porabim kar nekaj krem. :)

    Sara Wallflower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Predivan post :)

    corleonka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the tips! I always get so dry in the winter. Much appreciated!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same brush. I adore it.
    Great post.
    xx,
    J.
    http://fashionandpinkheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hair spray looks interesting, I also have oily hair so will try this product!
    Great review!

    http://www.alisagromova.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool products!

    XO

    Jeanne

    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love using hair butter from Alverde with Avocado too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have some of these products and love to use them. Great post! Keep in touch!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great products - great post :)

    hugs
    behindtheattitude.blogspot.dk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Garnier and argan oil :)
    very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Garnier Ultra Doux :) Has a very nice smell <3
    And of course I follow you back!

    Kisses from Poland :*
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zanimivi izdelki, tudi jaz imam isto krtačo za lase in je super,
    tudi sama sem imela podoben problem z lasiščem in mi je ta
    Head&Shoulders bil preveč agresiven zato sem kupila nek naraven
    šampon v D&M, pa se ne morem spominiti imena, deloval je super,
    plastenka je bila pa bela z zeleno nalepko :)

    http://dreamland1234.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice ideas for winter!
    http://ladycookiesdeescocia.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice blog :)
    I'm following you on GFC ;-) Follow back ? ♥
    www.blog017.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post!I I love Garnier Ultra Doux :)
    Would you like to follow each other?
    http://outsidethewardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for your very nice comment;) This hair conditioner Garnier is great;) I like it. I follow you;) Keep in touch.

    http://zakochanawpasji.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the Garnier product. nice tips ;)

    besos,
    M
    http://theflowerduet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for your lovely comment! Your blog is amazing, I'm following you too :D
    This post is great, I've used some of those products and loved it!

    thefancycats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super products doll, I have a lot that I use in the colder months as my skin gets very dry. I hope you have a great week :) xx

    ReplyDelete

You don't say? Tell me more :)

xx Maja